Eliminate Child Abuse
Empowering Children to find their Voice
To provide a safe place for child abuse victims and their families to receive comprehensive services from dedicated professional interviewers, nurses, counselors and advocates in a child-friendly atmosphere through a coordinated team approach as well as provide education to the community.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Benton County (CAC) opened January 10th, 2000 to provide a safe place to serve sexually and physically abused children in a supportive child-friendly environment. At the CAC abused children and their families can receive the support needed to deal with the abuse. We are available to serve all Benton County child abuse victims under age 18 after a report has been made to the child abuse hotline.
What We Provide
- A child-friendly and non-threatening environment
- Trained forensic interviewers (bilingual services available)
- Specialized Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner and an on-site medical exam room
- Child advocates to assess family needs and provide follow-up, support, and referral services
- On-site counselors available to meet with the child and non-offending family members
- All services at no charge to the family
According to the National Children’s Alliance: “The collaborative child-focused approach of a Children’s Advocacy Center ensures that children are not further victimized by the systems intended to protect them.”
Our Core Values
- Compassion: because life at times is fragile
- Teamwork: because our mission/vision is too large for one person
- Integrity: because so many are counting on us
- Excellence: because we need to do our best for the right reason every day
- Humility: because we all have limitations within our role
- Service: because the child comes first
Become a Part of What We Do
Contact us to make arrangements for a training/educational opportunity.